|SRS Boot Camp
SRS Boot Camp
SRS Boot Camp
SRS Boot Camp
SRS Boot Camp
DOES YOUR FACE NEED TO BE IN THE NEXT BOOT CAMP PICTURE???
Personal Support Raising Boot Camp
is an intense two-day training seminar to help Christian workers get to their ministry assignment quickly and fully funded. Whether you are just starting out or are a veteran in support raising, God can use a Boot Camp to change your perspective and approach in this critical area. We want to help you avoid the pitfalls and put to rest your doubts, fears, and questions. We have served over 400 ministries, and by God's grace, we believe we can help you!
Introduction to Boot Camp Video
The following video provides a brief introduction to the SRS Boot Camp. Click the play button below to get started.
Q & A Session with Dr. Steve Shadrach, Seminar Trainer
After you've done your 24+ hours of preparation, we cram 18 hours of intense training into your mind and heart! It is a fast-paced, paradigm shifting two days of lecture, multimedia, Q and A, small group discussion, and more. Boot Camp will move you to tears, laughter, reflection, and finally to action.
We help everyone identify the fears, obstacles, and questions they have before we begin. We all have struggles and doubts in this critical area. Let's admit it, and get started!
1. The Biblical Basis of Support Raising
We do a thorough overview of the vast amount of Old and New Testament teaching and modeling regarding this concept of asking others to invest in our God-given vision.
2. Gaining Perspective on Support Raising
How we view God, our ministry, ourselves, and our donors will make us or break us. Half the battle in support raising is in our own mind. We must have the right perspective!
3. Planning and Preparation for Support Raising
We don't let you begin half-cocked. You must do a substantial amount of preparation and planning before you launch out to raise support. If you're going to do it, do it right!
4. The Phone Call, Appointment, and Follow Up
We take you through a role play of calling for the appointment, the face-to-face ask, and follow-up call for a decision. You then practice it all with other seminar participants.
5. Maintenance and Cultivation of Your Support Team
We cover the keys to helping you develop a healthy and vibrant support team that will stick with you as long as you minister. It's a lot of work, but the benefits are fantastic!
The harder you work and prepare, the more you will get out of a support raising Boot Camp. Come with a teachable spirit, ready to learn and apply. Nothing is impossible with God. If you do your part, He will surely do His. The Lord wants you to be fully funded and report to your assignment even more than you do! Shortcuts will only short-circuit. Together, we can help you get to 100% of your budget. Let's go for it!
Steve Shadrach has a passion for developing laborers for Christ to reach the world. In 1986, he founded Student Mobilization, a non-denominational campus ministry purposing to "raise up laborers for Christ from the college campuses of the world." As he led the staff, he recognized the tremendous need to provide excellent training to enable them to be successful in their support raising. The more time he spent with staff from other ministries around the country, Steve realized that one of the greatest obstacles Christian workers face is how to fund their vision. Seeking to help ministries in this critical area, Steve turned the leadership of Student Mobilization over to the next generation, and he formed a new ministry called The Bodybuilders
(now the Center for Mission Mobilization), allowing him to speak, train, and consult with ministries and churches around the world in the areas of support raising, campus ministry, and mission mobilization.
In 2001, with the help of Scott Morton, International Director of Personal Support Development for The Navigators, Steve developed a seminar called Personal Support Raising Boot Camp that gives detailed, practical training in support raising. For the past ten years, he has served over 400 organizations and churches, training their staff members in the area of support raising, and helping them get to their ministry assignment quickly and fully funded!
Dr. Shadrach has a Masters in Biblical Studies from Dallas Theological Seminary and a Doctorate of Ministry in Church and Parachurch Executive Leadership from Denver Seminary. He has written three books, The Fuel and the Flame: Ten Keys to Ignite Your Campus for Jesus Christ
, Brown Like Coffee: For Students Who Think Outside the Box
, and ViewPoints: Fresh Perspectives on Personal Support Raising
. Steve and his family reside in Fayetteville, AR, where he serves as the Director of the Center for Mission Mobilization. Like 70% of the world's full time Christian workers, Steve has been living and ministering with his own personal support team since 1986, and he still proclaims, "I wouldn't want to live any other way!"
Over 400 Ministries Served!
24:7 College Ministry
2nd Mile Ministries
ACMC (Advancing Churches in Missions Commitment)
Adventist Frontier Missions
Adventures in Missions
Africa Inland Missions
African American Center for World Mission
Agape Christian Ministries
Agape Church of Christ
Alberto Mottesi Evangelistica Association
Alexander House Apostulate
Ambassadors in Sport
American Missionary Fellowship
Apple of His Eye
Arab International Ministry
Arab World Ministries
Artesia City Church
Asian American Christian Fellowship
Assemblies of God Home Missions
Assemblies of God World Missions
Association of Baptists for World Evangelism
Austin House of Prayer
B.A.S.I.C. College Ministries
Bay Area Community Church
Black Forest Academy
Branches 2:46 Inc.
Bronco Campus Ministry
Called to Greatness Sports Ministry
Calvary Independent Baptist Church
Camp Bighorn, Inc.
Camp Oak Hills
Campus Christian Fellowship
Campus Crusade for Christ
Campus Missions International
Campus Renewal Ministries
Canyon Ridge Christian Church
Caribbean Christian Center for the Deaf
Carolina Christian Surfers
Casas por Cristo
CCO Campus Ministry
Center for Intercultural Training
Center for Global Ministries
Centre Mission Resources
Chaplains at Work
Chi Alpha Campus Ministries, USA
Child Evangelism Fellowship
Children's Bible Ministries
Children's Relief International
Chosen People Ministries
Christ on Campus
Christian & Missionary Alliance
Christian Associates Intl.
Christian Campus House
Christian Challenge (CBU)
Christian Leadership Ministries
Christian Motorcyclists Association
Christian Motorsports International
Christian Reformed World Missions
Christian Resort Ministries International
Christian Student Fellowship
Christian Surfers International
Christian Surfers United States
Chugach Resort Ministries
Church of the Lord Aladura
Church Resource Ministries
The City Church
Coaches of Influence
Community Vision International
Compassion in Action
Connecting Business Men to Christ (CBMC)
Cooperative Baptist Fellowship
Cross Quest Expeditions
Crown Financial Ministries
Coalition for Christian Outreach
Cup of Cold Water Ministries
Dallas Theological Seminary
Deep Waters Ministries
Defending the Forgotten
Denton Bible Church International
Doulos Missions International
Dynamic Church Planting Int'l
Eagle Ranch Ministries
East West Ministries International
Emmanuel & Associates
Engineering Ministries International
Eternal Impact Ministries
Evangecube Global Ministries
Evangelical Free Church Association
Evangelical Friends Mission
Evangelism Explosion International
Every Nation Ministries
Exchanged Life Ministries
Faith & Hope Baptist Church
Faith Ascent Ministries
Faith Christian Fellowship
Faith Evangelical Church
Faith Family Ministries
Far East for Jesus
Favor of God
Fellowship Bible Church-Rogers, AR
Fellowship International Mission
Fellowship of Christian Athletes
First the Kingdom
Food for the Hungry
Four Streams Ministries, Inc
Foursquare Missions International
Friends In Action
Free Methodist World Missions
Free Will Baptist Foreign Missions
Freedom Restoration Ministries
Frontier Mission Fellowship
Gateway Church Mobilization
Girls of Faith
Glasses for Missions
Global Leadership & Economic Development
Global Mapping International
Global Ministries Fellowship
Global Missions Fellowship
Global Outreach Int'l
Go Ye Fellowship
Gotta Go Corporation
Grace Brethren International Missions
Grace Christian Center
Great Adventure Ministries
Greater Europe Mission
Hands & Feet Project
Healthcare Chaplains Ministry Association
Heart of God Ministries
Helping Hands Foreign Missions
Highland Independent Baptist Missions
Hill Country Institute for Contemporary Christianity
His Hands Ministries
His House Christian Fellowship
His Life Ministries (National Leadership Foundation)
Hockey Ministries International
Holy City Christian Reformed Church
Hope for the Nations
Hope Student Life
Hospital Chaplains' Ministry of America
Humiston & Associates Ministries
Hundredfold Ministries International
Impact Ministries International
In His Image
India Christian Ministries
International ALERT Academy
International Christian Leadership Institute
International Students, Inc.
International Outreach Ministries
International Turkey Network
Isaiah 6 Ministries, Inc.
Jews for Jesus
John Paul II Adventure Institute
Johnston Evangelical Free Church
Kairos Church Planting
Kids Around the World
Kid's Beach Club
Kingdom Vision Campus Ministry
Korean American Center for World Mission
Latin American Mission
Leadership Development International
Legacy of Leadership
Legionaries of Christ
Life of Hope Ministries
Literacy & Evangelism International
Living Faith Global Ministries
Lodgepole Community Church
Love Truth Care, Inc.
Love Works Missions
MAF (Mission Aviation Fellowship)
MAP (Medical Assistance Programs)
McKinney Memorial Bible Church
Medical Ambassadors International
Memorial Baptist Church
Midwest Student Ministries
Military Community Youth Ministries
Millers Creek Baptist Church
Mission Data International
Mission to the Americas
Mission to the World
Mission to Unreached Peoples
Mission Training International
Mission Society of United Methodists
Missionary Care Ministry
Mom & Loving It Ministries
Morning Star Christian Church
Multiplying Teams International
Mustard Seed Global Fellowship
National Leadership Foundation
Nazarene Student Center-OU
Network of International Christian Schools
New City Church
New Heights Church
New Hope Assembly of God Church
New Hope Church
New Hope Ministries
New Life Advance International
New Life Ministries
New Mission Systems International
New Strength International Ministries
New Tribes Mission
New York City Relief
NewSong Fellowship Church
NEXT Worldwide Student Missions
North American Indian Ministries
Northwest Community Church
OC International (One Challenge)
Oklahoma Family Policy Council
On the Edge Adventures
One Challenge, Inc.
ONEU (Covenant Life Church)
Our Stewardship University
Pathways International Ministries
Pioneer Bible Translators
Ponderosa Student Ministries
Pregnancy Resource Center
Randall Memorial Baptist Church
Reach the U
Real Life Campus Ministry
Red River Ministries
Reform Europe Ministries
Refuge House of Prayer
Resurrection Life Fellowship
Rhein International Academy
Rio Grande Bible Inst.
Rock Haven Ministries
Russian Language Ministries
Scope Ministries International
Search For Me Ministries, Inc.
Seeds of Hope International Partnerships
SENT NE Church Planting Network
SERVE (Denton Bible Missions)
SIM (Serving in Missions)
SMI (Sound Mind Investing)
Solid Rock Outdoor Ministries
Something More Ministries
Sound The Call Ministries
South Pacific Christian Fellowship
Southwestern Assemblies of God University
Spartan Christian Fellowship
STGM (Share the Gospel Ministry)
St. Paul's Outreach
Stewards of Grace Foundation
Student Christian Fellowship
Surfing the Nations
Table in the Wilderness Ministries
Target Teams International
Tech Serve International
The International Localization Network
The Laboure Society
The Traveling Team
Third Left Turn Ministries
Third Millennium Ministries
Thirst No More
Titan Christian Fellowship
Training Leaders International
Trans World Radio
Tree of Life Leadership Group
TW Music Ministries
Twin Peaks Bible Camp
United World Mission
University Christian Ministries
University Christian Outreach
University Xchange Montgomery
Urban Impact Ministries
Urban Titus Ministries
U.S. Center for World Mission
UW Sports Ministry
Victory Christian Church
Village Care International
Vineyard Christian Fellowship
Vision Beyond Borders
Way Home Ministries
Weiner Ministries International
Wings Global Outreach
Wisconsin Christian Campus Ministries
Word of Life Fellowship, Australia
Workplace & Career Transition Ministry
World Gospel Mission
World Impact, Inc.
World Indigenous Ministries
World Mission Society
World Radio Network
World Renewal International
World Trumpet Mission
Wycliffe Bible Translators
Young Life International
Youth Arise North America
Youth for Christ
(Youth with a Mission)
Boot Camp Cost
***The Boot Camp Registration Fee is Non-Refundable. In the event that you are unable to come to the seminar you'd originally registered for, we can hold your registration until a later Boot Camp. However, as these Boot Camps are filling up so quickly, please register only if you are 100% sure you can make it. Thank you for you understanding!***
Total Cost (Individual): $389
Non-refundable registration fee (paid online): $189 (includes Funding Your Ministry
Seminar fee (paid at seminar by cash or check): $200
Preparation Discount: $100
(If you complete all of the preparation, including raising $100 specifically
for this seminar from at least two donors, you will receive a $100 discount on your seminar fee.) You will turn in the $100 you raised at the seminar.
Total Cost (Couple): $589**
Non-refundable registration fee (paid online): $289 (includes Funding Your Ministry
Seminar fee (paid at seminar by cash or check): $300
Preparation Discount: $150
(If you complete all of the preparation, including raising $100 specifically
for this seminar from at least two donors, you will receive a $100 discount on your seminar fee. If your spouse reads the textbook, you will receive another $50 off.) You will turn in the $100 you raised at the seminar. $50 will remain to be paid.
*You will be responsible for your own transportation, food, and lodging.
**If you are unable to stay for the full length of the seminar, you are still responsible for paying the entire amount of the seminar cost.
Alumni Cost (Individual): $189
Alumni Cost (Couple): $289
About the Cost:
- Steve Shadrach, our seminar trainer, receives no compensation for his services. He has raised his full support. We charge to help you understand the importance and value of this training, and to encourage you to raise the required funds, fully invest yourself by doing the preparation, and come ready to apply what you've learned.
- Similar training with other organizations can cost $750 or more.
- Where does the money go? We use the money we make from our Boot Camp seminars to produce materials, videos, and websites that can help Christian workers around the world fully fund their visions.
Before the Seminar
- Download and complete the Preparation Packet (requires 24+ hours).
- You will receive two textbooks (Funding Your Ministry by Scott Morton and ViewPoints by Steve Shadrach) in the mail as soon as you register. Please begin working on the assignments as quickly as possible.
- Raise at least $100 of the seminar fee from at least two donors in face-to-face meetings.
- Find an accountability partner.
- This person needs to be someone who will boldly and consistently hold you to your weekly fundraising goals until you reach 100%.
- Hint: Recruit the most black and white, hard core, goal oriented person you can find. You will never regret it!
- Make your travel and lodging arrangements.
- Make arrangements for child care (if needed). Children are not allowed at the training (this includes nursing babies).
During the Seminar
"The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare."
Juma Ikangaa, Tanzania
Winner of the 1989 New York City Marathon
After the Seminar
- The seminar begins at 8 a.m. and ends at 6 p.m. both days. You must arrive on time and stay until the seminar is over to be eligible for the discount.
- The seminar is 18 hours of intense lecture, multimedia, Q&A, role play, and small group discussion.
- Bring all completed homework (all Bible studies, worksheets, names lists, etc.).
- Come prepared for a mock support appointment on the second day of the seminar.
- On the second day, men need to wear a coat/tie and women a dress or skirt/slacks & blouse so you will be dressed for the mock support appointment.
- Meals will be on your own. One meal on the second day will be reserved for your mock support appointment (please bring $5/person to help cover the cost of the meal).
- At the end of the seminar, you'll be asked to fill out the accountability checklist to determine whether or not you are eligible for the discount (it's completely on the honor system).
- Fill out an accountability sheet on time spent support raising each week until you are at 100% support.
- Record how many phone calls, appointments, follow-ups, and letters are sent each week.
- Mail or e-mail this information to your accountability partner, followed by a phone call.
Host a Boot Camp
Bringing a Seminar to Your Ministry
Chain of Events
- We require you to guarantee at least 10 staff members (spouses included) from YOUR organization who will attend before we will agree to come to your location for a Boot Camp. If you cannot meet the requirement of 10 people, co-hosting with another local organization is also an option.
- The seminar must be held in a city with a major airport (or somewhat nearby).
- You must be able to secure a location with a 40 ft. by 60 ft. room that can be setup in a U-shape formation with padded chairs and a large LCD screen. Click here to view a model diagram of the room setup. We will allow up to 60 participants, so please keep in mind that the diagram only accounts for 48.
- You will be responsible for providing snacks, water, and coffee for both days of the seminar. Click here for a checklist of items the host organization must provide.
- You will arrange for lunch to be catered in on the second day of the seminar from a local fast food restaurant (the participants will pay $5 per person to help cover the cost).
- If you cannot meet the hosting requirements, see the schedule for our open seminars around the country and come as an individual participant.
Costs for the Organization
- Your organization schedules a Boot Camp with us at your desired location.
- A contract is signed that solidifies the meeting time, location, and fees.
- Your staff participants register and pay by credit card online.
- All participants must download the preparation packet from our website (CLICK HERE to download the preparation packet). Please stress how important it is for everyone to complete ALL of the preparation, or they will not receive the price discount and will not gain as much from the training.
- The participants will receive Funding Your Ministry by Scott Morton and ViewPoints by Steve Shadrach in the mail (part of registration cost).
- The seminar notebooks are sent to the host group ahead of time to bring to the seminar for distribution.
- We bill your organization for the speaker's travel and lodging expenses after the seminar.
- You follow up with your staff to make sure they have an accountability partner. In addition, some ministries ask the staff to send their weekly accountability reports to a regional director or development director.
Costs for Each Participant
- Travel, housing, and meals for the trainer for three nights.
- Refreshments for participants and any cost associated with securing a meeting place (you may have a facility that can be used free of charge).
- $389 total cost per participant ($589 total cost for a couple).
- $100 discount for finishing all the preparation required in the Pre-Seminar Preparation Packet (couples may receive an extra $50 discount if the spouse reads the textbook).
- If all discounts are taken, individuals will pay $289 total ($439 total for couples).
- Raising support for the participant costs: Part of the preparation requirements is that each participant raise at least $100 of their seminar fee from at least 2 supporters. The participant has to meet with the supporters face to face. We encourage participants to raise all of the cost if possible.
- Participants are responsible for their own transportation, food, and lodging.
- Some organizations want to pay for some or all of the participant's costs. However, we require ministries to have their staff pay for their seminar fees, so that they put personal value into the preparation and training. If the organization covers all the costs, and the participants do not raise $100 of the seminar fee, they will not be eligible for any discounts.